Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Shane McMahon is expected to wrestle on SmackDown’s Survivor Series team as its captain, says PWInsider.
- Another reason WWE is holding off on Raw retaliating against SmackDown is because they’re hoping Roman Reigns will be healthy enough to lead the charge on the PPV go home.
- Local advertising in New York points to Bret Hart, Mick Foley and Ric Flair joining Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash at Raw’s 25th anniversary event in January.
- Alberto El Patron is expected to be adding to Bound for Glory’s main event, but whether Eli Drake and Johnny Impact’s title match will become a Triple Threat or Alberto will be guest referee is still being debated.
- The ABC affiliate in Detroit checked with the city’s Sports Commission regarding the rumor Detroit might host WrestleMania 35, and apparently while they came up short on efforts to land the 2017 and 2018 editions, they didn’t even bid on 2019’s show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.